For Sale   >   Bulgaria Flag  Bulgaria   >  Burgas  >  Obshtina Sozopol  >  Ravadinovo

BGN755,443  Plot of land S. Ravadinovo

  • BGN755,443
  • (EUR 385,776)
  • CONTACT
    CONTACT
  • Plot of land
  • For Sale 
  • Ravadinovo
  • bulgaria Flag Bulgaria
This land

estate is located in the village Ravadinovo, near to Sozopol. We have three parcels on 2734 square metre Regulated

Electricity Water Sozopol (Bulgarian: ???????) is a small ancient town located 30 km south of Burgas on the southern

Bulgarian Black Sea Coast, in Bulgaria. Today the town is mostly a seaside resort known for the Apollonia art and film

festival (which takes place in early September) and is named after one of Sozopols ancient names. The busiest times of the

year are, of course, the summer months, ranging from May to September as tourists from around the world come to enjoy the

fine weather, sandy beaches, history and culture, fusion cuisine (Bulgarian, Greek, Turkish), and overall atmosphere of the

colourful resort. The increasing popularity of the town has led to it being dubbed the Bulgarian St. Tropez, seeing stars

like Ralph Fiennes, Brad Pitt, Angelina Jolie and Goldfrapp exploring its beauty and charm[1]. Part of Burgas Province, as of

September 2005 Sozopol has a population of 4,641.GRBulgaria The town is located at 42°25?N, 27°42?E and the mayor is Veska

Karamanova. One of the most active and popular mayors had been Nikola Kaloyanov, who initiated numerous infrastructure

changes to modernize the town in the 70s. Sozopol is one of the oldest towns on Bulgarian Thraces Black Sea coast. The first

settlement on the site dates back to the Bronze Age. Undersea explorations in the region of the port reveal relics of

dwellings, ceramic pottery, stone and bone tools from that era. Many anchors from the second and first millennium BC have

been discovered in the towns bay, a proof of active shipping since ancient times. The town, at first called Antheia, was

colonized in Thrace on the shore of the Pontus Euxinus, principally on a little island, by Anaximander (born 610-609 BC) at

the head of Milesian colonists. The name was soon changed to Apollonia, on account of a temple dedicated to Apollo in the

town, containing a famous colossal statue of the god Apollo by Calamis, 30 cubits high, transported later to Rome by Lucullus

and placed in the Capitol. At various times, Apollonia was known as Apollonia Pontica (that is, Apollonia on the Black Sea,

the ancient Pontus Euxinus) and Apollonia Magna (Great Apollonia). The coins, which begin in the fourth century BC, bear the

name Apollonia and the image of Apollo; the imperial coins, which continue to the first half of the third century AD, and the

Tabula Peutinger also contain the name Apollonia; but the Periplus Ponti Euxini, 85, and the Notitiæ episcopatuum have

only the new name Sozopolis. In 1328 Cantacuzene (ed. Bonn, I, 326) speaks of it as a large and populous town. The islet on

which it stood is now connected with the mainland by a narrow tongue of land. Sozopolis, in Turkish Sizebolu, in Bulgarian

Sozopol, is in Burgas Province, Bulgaria. Its inhabitants, in the past mostly Greeks, lived by fishing and agriculture. The

town established itself as a trade and naval centre in the following centuries. It kept strong political and trade relations

with the cities of Ancient Greece ? Miletus, Athens, Corinth, Heraclea Pontica and the islands Rhodes, Chios, Lesbos, etc.

Its trade influence in the Thracian territories was based on a treaty with the rulers of the Odrysian kingdom dating from the

fifth century BC. The symbol of the town ? the anchor, present on all coins minted by Apollonia since the sixth century BC,

is proof of the importance of its maritime trade. The rich town soon became an important cultural centre. At these times it

was called Apollonia Magna. Occupied in turn by Byzantines, Bulgarians and Ottomans, Sozopol was assigned to the newly

independent Bulgaria in the 19th century. Almost all of its Greek population moved to Greece to be replaced by Bulgarian

refugees from Eastern Thrace. Sozopol was Christianized early. Bishops are recorded as resident there from at least 431. At

least eight bishops are known (Le Quien, Oriens christianus, I, 1181): Athanasius (431), Peter (680), Euthymius (787) and

Ignatius (869) (all of whom in the Roman Catholic Church); Theodosius (1357), Joannicius, who became Patriarch of

Constantinople (1524), Philotheus (1564) and Joasaph (1721) (all of whom in the Eastern Orthodox Church[1]). This list might

be easily lengthened, the see still existing among the Greeks. From being suffragan to the archbishopric of Adrianopolis, it

became in the fourteenth century a metropolis without suffragan sees; it disappeared perhaps temporarily with the Turkish

conquest, but reappeared later; in 1808 it was united to the See of Agathopolis. The titular resided at Agathopolis, in

Ottoman days called Akhtébolou, in the vilayet of Adrianopolis (Edirne, in European Turkey). Eubel (Hierarchia

catholica medii ævi, I, 194) mentions four Latin bishops of the fourteenth century. The city remains a titular see of

the Roman Catholic Church, that of Sozopolis in Haemimonto, suffragan of Adrianopolis. The seat has stood vacant since the

death of the last titular bishop in 2000[2]. Art flourished in the Christian era. The ancient icons and magnificent

woodcarving in the iconostases are a remarkable accomplishment of the craftsmanship of these times. The architecture of the

houses in the old town from the Renaissance period makes it a unique place to visit today. The original name of the city is

attested as Antheia [3]. Coins were minted in the town bearing the inscription Apollonia, which date from the sixth century

BC to the first half of the third century AD. During this period, appellations such as Apollonia Pontica (Apollonia on the

Black Sea) and Apollonia Magna (Great Apollonia) have been recorded. By the first century AD, the name Sozopolis began to

appear in written records (e.g., in the Periplus Ponti Euxini). After the town became part of the Ottoman Empire, the name

was Turkified to Sizeboli, Sizebolu or Sizebolou. After Bulgaria took possession of the town, it was Slavicized to Sozopol.

This land    estate is located in the village Ravadinovo, near to Sozopol. We have three parcels on 2734 square metre Regulated    Electricity Water Sozopol (Bulgarian: ???????) is a small ancient town located 30 km south of Burgas on the southern    Bulgarian Black Sea Coast, in Bulgaria....
View more
CONTACT
CONTACT
regional map s. ravadinovo
Recommended