For Sale   >   Bulgaria Flag  Bulgaria   >  Burgas  >  Obshtina Tsarevo  >  Tsarevo

BGN750,986  Plot of land Tsarevo

  • BGN750,986
  • (EUR 383,500)
  • CONTACT
    CONTACT
  • Plot of land
  • For Sale 
  • Tsarevo
  • bulgaria Flag Bulgaria
The land is situated in the Plakata area, municipality of Tsarevo. The land offers a

wonderful view to the Black Sea and the town, it also has water and electricity. Tsarevo (Bulgarian: ??????, also

transliterated Carevo or Tzarevo; formerly known as Vasiliko and Michurin) is a town in southeastern Bulgaria, the

administrative centre of a municipality in Burgas Province. It lies on a cove 70 km southeast of Burgas, on the southern

Bulgarian Black Sea Coast of Strandzha. Underwater archaeological surveys have discovered amphoras from the Late Antiquity

(4th?6th century) and import red-polished pottery made in Constantinople, Syria and North Africa, which indicates prospering

trade in the area at the time. The citys southern peninsula has remains of a medieval fortress. The town was first mentioned

as Vasiliko by the 12th-century Arab geographer Muhammad al-Idrisi. Whether it existed during the First Bulgarian Empire is

unknown. In the 15th and 16th century, Vasilikoz was an Ottoman port. According to 17th-century traveller Evliya

Çelebi, in 1662 the town Vasilikoz Burgas comprised a square fortress on a ridge overlooking the Black Sea surrounded

by plenty of vineyards. Although its cove was suitable even for the largest of ships, it was usually avoided by the seamen

because it offered little protection from the powerful eastern winds. Vasilikoz was featured in the Ottoman tax registers in

the late 17th and the 18th century, as part of the kaza of Anchialos (Pomorie). According to the Austrian ambassador in

Constantinople, in 1787 it was a town of 200 houses and a lively port. In 1829, another western traveller mentioned Vasiliko

as a town of 220 houses, the main occupation of its residents being ship building and fishing. Another source lists its

population in 1831 as 1,800 (with 434 houses). The old town was located in the southern part of the cove, where the modern

quarter of Tsarevo called Vasiliko is. In the first half of the 19th century, Vasiliko had a marine of 42 sheeps. There were

10 windmills and a watermill in the vicinity, and the nearby vineyards produced up to 6,000 pails of wine a year. There was a

Greek school which was also visited by many Bulgarians, contributing to their partial Hellenization. In 1882, a fire destoyed

almost the entire town, forcing the locals to reestablish the city on a new site, on the peninsula of the northern cove

called Limnos. In 1903, the new Vasiliko had 150 houses, but other statistics list 460 houses in 1898 (160 Bulgarian and 300

Greek) and 240 Greek-only houses in 1900. After the village was ceded to Bulgaria in 1913, following the Balkan Wars, its

Greek population moved to Greece and was replaced by Bulgarians from Eastern Thrace. In 1926, Vasiliko had 409 households.

After a new wharf was constructed 1927?1937 with the financial aid of Tsar Boris III of Bulgaria, the town was renamed to

Tsarevo (a literal Bulgarian translation of Vasiliko, royal place) in his honour. Between 1950 and 1991, it was known as

Michurin, in honour of the Soviet botanist Ivan Vladimirovich Michurin.
The land is situated in the Plakata area, municipality of Tsarevo. The land offers a    wonderful view to the Black Sea and the town, it also has water and electricity. Tsarevo (Bulgarian: ??????, also    transliterated Carevo or Tzarevo; formerly known as Vasiliko and Michurin) is a town in southeastern Bulg...
View more
CONTACT
CONTACT
regional map tsarevo
Recommended