For Sale   >   Bulgaria Flag  Bulgaria   >  Burgas  >  Obshtina Sozopol  >  Ravadinovo

BGN754,488  Plot of land S.ravadinovo

  • BGN754,488
  • (EUR 385,776)
  • CONTACT
    CONTACT
  • Plot of land
  • For Sale 
  • Ravadinovo
  • bulgaria Flag Bulgaria
This land estate is

located in the village Ravadinovo, near to Sozopol. We have three parcels on 2734 square metre Regulated Electricity Water

Sozopol (Bulgarian: ???????) is a small ancient town located 30 km south of Burgas on the southern Bulgarian Black Sea Coast,

in Bulgaria. Today the town is mostly a seaside resort known for the Apollonia art and film festival (which takes place in

early September) and is named after one of Sozopols ancient names. The busiest times of the year are, of course, the summer

months, ranging from May to September as tourists from around the world come to enjoy the fine weather, sandy beaches,

history and culture, fusion cuisine (Bulgarian, Greek, Turkish), and overall atmosphere of the colourful resort. The

increasing popularity of the town has led to it being dubbed the Bulgarian St. Tropez, seeing stars like Ralph Fiennes, Brad

Pitt, Angelina Jolie and Goldfrapp exploring its beauty and charm[1]. Part of Burgas Province, as of September 2005 Sozopol

has a population of 4,641.GRBulgaria The town is located at 42°25?N, 27°42?E and the mayor is Veska Karamanova. One of the

most active and popular mayors had been Nikola Kaloyanov, who initiated numerous infrastructure changes to modernize the town

in the 70s. Sozopol is one of the oldest towns on Bulgarian Thraces Black Sea coast. The first settlement on the site dates

back to the Bronze Age. Undersea explorations in the region of the port reveal relics of dwellings, ceramic pottery, stone

and bone tools from that era. Many anchors from the second and first millennium BC have been discovered in the towns bay, a

proof of active shipping since ancient times. The town, at first called Antheia, was colonized in Thrace on the shore of the

Pontus Euxinus, principally on a little island, by Anaximander (born 610-609 BC) at the head of Milesian colonists. The name

was soon changed to Apollonia, on account of a temple dedicated to Apollo in the town, containing a famous colossal statue of

the god Apollo by Calamis, 30 cubits high, transported later to Rome by Lucullus and placed in the Capitol. At various times,

Apollonia was known as Apollonia Pontica (that is, Apollonia on the Black Sea, the ancient Pontus Euxinus) and Apollonia

Magna (Great Apollonia). The coins, which begin in the fourth century BC, bear the name Apollonia and the image of Apollo;

the imperial coins, which continue to the first half of the third century AD, and the Tabula Peutinger also contain the name

Apollonia; but the Periplus Ponti Euxini, 85, and the Notitiæ episcopatuum have only the new name Sozopolis. In 1328

Cantacuzene (ed. Bonn, I, 326) speaks of it as a large and populous town. The islet on which it stood is now connected with

the mainland by a narrow tongue of land. Sozopolis, in Turkish Sizebolu, in Bulgarian Sozopol, is in Burgas Province,

Bulgaria. Its inhabitants, in the past mostly Greeks, lived by fishing and agriculture. The town established itself as a

trade and naval centre in the following centuries. It kept strong political and trade relations with the cities of Ancient

Greece ? Miletus, Athens, Corinth, Heraclea Pontica and the islands Rhodes, Chios, Lesbos, etc. Its trade influence in the

Thracian territories was based on a treaty with the rulers of the Odrysian kingdom dating from the fifth century BC. The

symbol of the town ? the anchor, present on all coins minted by Apollonia since the sixth century BC, is proof of the

importance of its maritime trade. The rich town soon became an important cultural centre. At these times it was called

Apollonia Magna. Occupied in turn by Byzantines, Bulgarians and Ottomans, Sozopol was assigned to the newly independent

Bulgaria in the 19th century. Almost all of its Greek population moved to Greece to be replaced by Bulgarian refugees from

Eastern Thrace. Sozopol was Christianized early. Bishops are recorded as resident there from at least 431. At least eight

bishops are known (Le Quien, Oriens christianus, I, 1181): Athanasius (431), Peter (680), Euthymius (787) and Ignatius (869)

(all of whom in the Roman Catholic Church); Theodosius (1357), Joannicius, who became Patriarch of Constantinople (1524),

Philotheus (1564) and Joasaph (1721) (all of whom in the Eastern Orthodox Church[1]). This list might be easily lengthened,

the see still existing among the Greeks. From being suffragan to the archbishopric of Adrianopolis, it became in the

fourteenth century a metropolis without suffragan sees; it disappeared perhaps temporarily with the Turkish conquest, but

reappeared later; in 1808 it was united to the See of Agathopolis. The titular resided at Agathopolis, in Ottoman days called

Akhtébolou, in the vilayet of Adrianopolis (Edirne, in European Turkey). Eubel (Hierarchia catholica medii ævi,

I, 194) mentions four Latin bishops of the fourteenth century. The city remains a titular see of the Roman Catholic Church,

that of Sozopolis in Haemimonto, suffragan of Adrianopolis. The seat has stood vacant since the death of the last titular

bishop in 2000[2]. Art flourished in the Christian era. The ancient icons and magnificent woodcarving in the iconostases are

a remarkable accomplishment of the craftsmanship of these times. The architecture of the houses in the old town from the

Renaissance period makes it a unique place to visit today. The original name of the city is attested as Antheia [3]. Coins

were minted in the town bearing the inscription Apollonia, which date from the sixth century BC to the first half of the

third century AD. During this period, appellations such as Apollonia Pontica (Apollonia on the Black Sea) and Apollonia Magna

(Great Apollonia) have been recorded. By the first century AD, the name Sozopolis began to appear in written records (e.g.,

in the Periplus Ponti Euxini). After the town became part of the Ottoman Empire, the name was Turkified to Sizeboli, Sizebolu

or Sizebolou. After Bulgaria took possession of the town, it was Slavicized to Sozopol.
This land estate is    located in the village Ravadinovo, near to Sozopol. We have three parcels on 2734 square metre Regulated Electricity Water    Sozopol (Bulgarian: ???????) is a small ancient town located 30 km south of Burgas on the southern Bulgarian Black Sea Coast,    in Bulgaria....
View more
CONTACT
CONTACT
regional map s.ravadinovo
Recommended